- 19-Apr-2017 to 05-May-2017 (CST)
- Programs and Education
- Peoria, IL, USA
Position Title: Seasonal Programming Assistant
Schedule/hours: Open availability, must be available on weekends/20-25 hrs. weekly
Pay Rate: $9 per hour
Duration of position: April 1-Ocotber 31 for the 2017 season
Last date to apply: May 5, 2017
Position description: Seasonal Programming assistant will work alongside full time Naturalists under the direction of the Education and Programming manager to complete the following tasks;
- Greet school buses
- Assisting with day camps
- Assisting staff with large events
- Out of part programming (library programs, general animal programs and public displays)
- In park programming (school groups, birthday parties, free public programming and guided hikes)
- Assisting with Boy scouts and girl scouts badge days and overnight programs
- Working with small mammals, reptiles and birds of prey
- Training per USFW standards with large birds of prey
The requirements for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree or college coursework in relevant biological/educational field or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Candidate must possess an understanding of practical principles of animal behavior and ability to work with live animals safely.
- Knowledge of natural history, zoology, or animal husbandry preferred
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be able to interact in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be able to learn and integrate information, knowledge, and direction quickly.
- Must be reliable.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and up to 100lbs as a team lift
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be capable of dealing with emergencies calmly and efficiently.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Valid driver's license required. Illinois residents must possess a valid Illinois license within 90 days of hire. Valid out-of-state license required for out-of-state residents.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.